Do you need to sell your house fast? You can do several things to make your home more appealing to home buyers and help ensure a fast sale. By fixing up your house, improving your home’s curb appeal, making repairs to your house, and by working with a professional stager, you may be able to sell your house faster and for more money.
1. Improve Curb Appeal
One of the easiest ways to make your home more appealing to buyers is to improve your home’s curb appeal. There are many ways that you can make this happen. Some suggestions include:
- Improve your home’s landscaping. Trim the grass, plant colorful flowers, and prune back overgrown shrubs.
- Clean up debris. Rake fallen leaves, remove twigs and debris. Make your lawn as tidy as possible.
- Repaint or clean your home’s siding. Painting your home’s siding is one way to make your house stand out on your block. If your home doesn’t need to be painted or can’t be painted, clean the siding with a sponge.
- Paint the front door. Make your entryway as inviting as possible. Consider a welcoming color on the front door or, at the very least, a fresh coat of paint to brighten up the space.
2. Make Repairs
Deferred maintenance is a red flag for home buyers. Make repairs to your house by checking off all the chores on your to-do list. This may include minor repairs like oiling a squeaking door and fixing a broken doorknob. Your to-do list may also include more significant repairs like repairing or replacing appliances. Make these repairs to ensure that your house is move-in ready for potential buyers.
3. Get a Storage Facility, Declutter
Clutter makes your house look smaller and more cramped than it is. Decluttering is an excellent way to make your home look tidy, organized, and spacious. If you don’t want to get rid of your clutter, at least get it out of your house while you’re selling it. Consider putting some of your possessions in storage.
4. Work With a Professional Stager
Take your home’s decor to the next level with help from a professional stager. They may help you by suggesting small things you can do to make your home more appealing. However, if you’re not sure that a professional stager is right for you, you can take small steps to stage your house without help from a professional.
- Make your home feel cozier with touches like throw pillows and throw blankets.
- Turn on all the lights during home showings to ensure that your home is well lit.
- Replace dark curtains with sheers in rooms like the living room to let in the light.
- Clean your house well before every showing to ensure that your home looks its best for all buyers.
5. Price It Right
Pricing your home right is essential for ensuring that your home will be attractive to buyers. However, pricing your home too high can cause problems by scaring off buyers that would be interested in homes in your price range. On the other hand, pricing your home too low can lead to lost profits.
Work closely with a real estate professional to ensure that your home is priced right for its size, condition, and location. An excellent real estate professional will know how to find that sweet spot between too much and too little.
Be Ready With Movers
Once your home sells, you’re going to need movers to be ready for your relocation. Contact us for a quote and ensure that you’re prepared to move when the time comes.